5 Compelling reasons to use a Hosted Voice Service- especially if you are a start-up or have an end of life switchboard.
Contributed by Jon Pentel- Pen-Telecom
- Flexibility – Hosted voice services are easy to expand and contract. With Hosted voice services, new lines and additional extensions are simply a matter of turning them on and adding a new handset. No longer is it necessary to order a new line, wait for 3 weeks for installation and then ask the PBX engineers to set everything up.
- Low entry costs – Hosted voice services require minimal investment, usually just in the handsets and a suitable router. No large infrastructure investment required. Costs remain under control as there are no hidden extras and most of the expected services such as voicemail, caller ID, call transfer call forwarding and on-line control are included as part of the rental.
- Future proof – Hosted services will always be updated to keep up with the latest developments and at no cost to the user. As more features are added they all become available to the subscriber. Works seamlessly across multiple devices such as tablets, laptops, and smartphones.
- Maintenance charges and contract – Hosted service have no maintenance costs. Or at least should not, if your provider is charging why not consider switching? Our contract term as standard is 90 days.
- Complete Geographical Flexibility – because your number is no longer tied to any exchange the number remains with the service no matter where located. No more necessity to inform your customer base of a new number and the attrition that causes. No need for unpopular non-geographic numbers that can be expensive to call from a mobile.